Summer Stage is BACK With a NEW LOOK!
The premiere summer theater day camp in the area is back for its 12th year! About 600 teens and kids have made this camp a staple of their summer in the previous eleven years that ReCYS founder, Blaine Halverson, has directed it. Of course, this year has been a little…different. But have no fear! We have a truly UNIQUE and MEMORABLE experience lined up for YOU!
Introducing: Summer Stage & Screen 2020!
Summer Stage & Screen will give campers going into grades 3-12 the chance to grow their acting and performance skills in person and/or remotely!
To Register or For More Info,
Email Blaine Halverson at email@example.com
SUMMER STAGE & SCREEN CAMP A limited group of campers will enjoy live instruction and interaction each morning in a spacious and safe OUTDOOR setting. Two sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes in length will be offered each morning, Monday to Friday. Campers will play games, perform drills, collaborate, create, rehearse and record a 30-45 minute TELEVISION EPISODE to be streamed the week after camp ends. Campers will also receive the video file of their creation! Physical distancing will be enforced and current Dunn County Health recommendations will be followed.** Camper enrollment also includes all virtual camp content listen below.
SUMMER SCREEN VIRTUAL CAMP Remote learning for campers featuring live video conference AND prerecorded video as follows:
- Daily PM (Mon-Thu) 1 Hour video conference for VIRTUAL ONLY campers!
- Daily PM SIZZLE SESSIONS, with a different topic each week!
- Week 1: ONLINE IMPROV FUN WITH FRIENDS!
- Week 2: ACTING FOR THE SCREEN!
- Week 3: WRITE & RECORD A ZOOM PLAY!
- “SONG & DANCE” with Dani Braun! Dani’s videos will teach a song and choreography. Record it by yourself or with a friend. We’ll edit it into a mash-up with other campers!
- “CreaTIffany” Tiffany Schwichtenberg’s videos will teach you how to make cool, creative elements for your plays and videos!
- “Sarah Skillz” with Sarah Sullivan. Sarah will teach you by prerecorded video AND will host TWO special video conferences each week of camp!
- Daily STAGE STEALER video challenge gets campers out of their comfort zones with creative challenges they can document or share at any time, on any day!
- Each student will be assigned a teen or adult mentor as a resource!
Students may participate in as much or little of the virtual activities as they choose!
ALL in-person sessions, ALL “Sizzle Sessions” and ALL daily video conferencing will be instructed personally by ReCYS founder and director, Blaine Halverson.
Summer Screen VIRTUAL Camp ONLY: $100
- 20-30 hours of live video conference instruction!
- “Song & Dance”, “CreaTiffany” and “Sarah Skillz” video instruction!
- 3 “Sizzle Session” virtual classes on improv, screen acting, and creating Zoom plays!
- Daily Stage Stealer Challenge!
- Loads of links and ideas for how you can create your own theater fun!
COMPLETE Summer Stage & Screen Camp Experience: $195
- EVERYTHING listed above PLUS:
- 27 hours of LIVE, IN PERSON outdoor fun and instruction!
- Creating, writing, rehearsing and correcting a TV Episode with teammates!
AGES: Entering Grades 3-12
CAMP DATES: July 20 – August 7, 2020
LIVE SESSIONS: Monday-Friday (Select either 8am-9:45am OR 10am-11:45am)
LIVE LOCATION: Cedarbrook Church Amphitheater (backup: Rassbach Museum)
VIDEO CONFERENCES: Monday- Thursday
Sizzle Session (12:30pm-1:45pm)
Virtual Student Only Sessions (2:00-3:00pm)
“Song & Dance” videos w/ Dani Braun
“CreaTiffany” videos w/ Tiffany Schwichtenberg
“Sarah Skillz” videos & 2x/wk live video conferences w/ Sarah Sullivan
To Register or For More Info,
Email Blaine Halverson at firstname.lastname@example.org!
**STATEMENT REGARDING COVID-19 PROCEDURES FOR IN PERSON SESSIONS
Red Cedar Youth Stage cares deeply about the health and safety of every camper and family member. As our community, nation and world deal with this “once in a Century” COVID-19 pandemic, we want to assure you that our in person sessions will be highly precautionary.
As of June 15, 2020, Dunn County guidelines caution against indoor gatherings of greater than 20 people, and outdoor gatherings of greater than 50 people. Our in person sessions will ONLY be held outdoors. We will allow no more than 20 students in each session and will enforce a minimum of six feet of physical distance between individuals at all time. Parents will be directed to drop off in a designated area, only having their camper exit the vehicle when directed to do so. A staff member will conduct a brief health screening and temperature check. Campers will then be asked to sanitize their hands before a staff member gives them further directions about where to seat themselves. Campers will be asked to bring a mask and will be expected to wear it, even outdoors, when directed to do so. Campers and parents will be asked to attempt to restroom only at home, although a facility for emergencies will be available. Should it be used, a staff member or adult volunteer will accompany the camper at a 6′ distance, wait outside the facilities and immediately sanitize surfaces. When parents arrive for pickup, they will park in the designated pickup area.
Should guidelines change to require more restriction, ReCYS’ guidelines will become more restrictive. Should guidelines be loosened, ReCYS will maintain the above standards.